Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My history...

If you haven't picked it up, I'm a Moonkin, spell dps is the way I like to do things, and I'm and agro whore. From day 1 I was that noob dps that tanks hated because I didn't wait for sunders I just threw bombs and watched pretty numbers. Once I found a guild at 60 and we started raid the current content (Molten Core) I found that not waiting for sunders got you dead, scolded, and laughed at quickly, after the first raid I was told to heal... this is where my hate for healing comes. Don't get me wrong I love my healers and love when I'm kept alive, but it is not the job I want in a raid. Enter BWL (Blackwing Lair) for some odd reason we gained healers and lost dps, I was asked to use my spec, which I never changed, to blow things up. Now if any of you have ever been inside BWL and down more than 3 bosses, you know the trash after Broodlord has the wonderful thought to go weak to a single school of magic and resistant to the rest. Arcane and Nature where mine to command, no tank could keep threat once I opened up on the target, which I soon died from tanking while I tried my hardest to kill before being killed, I usually didn't last long but I had a blast. BWL is where my vanilla raid days ended, my guild broke up our second night into AQ 40 and the Burning Crusade was knocking on our doorstep. After a break from WoW required by RL I returned the Oomkin it up for BC didn't make much progress but I server transfered because of more RL requirements and landed on Muradin where I met Janyaa, a firecracker of a paladin in another guild. We met while running 5 mans and was pulled into a few of her guild runs because mine was not as progressed but for some reason she thought I was a good dps, boy did I have her fooled. Then WotLK came out, and I was itching to kill that bastard Arthas from WCIII. My only goal was to get Kingslayer and I tried my hardest. My guild was not making good progress and RL reared it's ugly head again and I ended up joining Janyaa's guild, we pushed, we tried, but the guild died, it was a sad thing to see, but I followed that crazy paladin that can't dps her way out of a wet paper bag to another guild, which I'm still a part of Jubilance, and boy was it great, they had a 25 man raid that was running for LK. We bled, we died, we tried again, and conquered 10 and 25 man LK and it was great, awesome people and good loot were everywhere.

Now Cata hits and there are coming and goings and my heart sinks at the thoughts of people who I enjoy feeling excluded and cast aside, but that happens in any expansion. If you decide to check out Janyaa's blog (http://muradinmusings.blogspot.com/) you can see some of the hardships we have dealt with, along with her spin on things.

More to follow...
Tal

1 comment:

  1. I <3 you, Tal! We've been through so much together. It's pretty cool to think how long we've been playing with each other.

    So exciting to see your side of things. Looking forward to seeing many more posts from you. :)

    ReplyDelete